1. Regional Consultation on “Strengthening Food and Nutrition Security of the Urban People through Urban and Peri-urban Agriculture in Asia” from 14 – 15 July 2015
Sponsor: FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
Budget: 2,141,700 THB / 64,900 USD
2. Visit and Interactive Program for Assessing the Needs and Developing Curriculum on Disaster Management from 1 – 5 July 2013: DPMM designed this special program for Four Academic Officials from Kim II Sung University, and Pyongyang University of Architecture, DPR of Korea on the request from UNEP ROAP.
Sponsor: United Nations Environment Programme, Regional Office for Asia and Pacific
Budget: 150,000 Baht
3. Project Management from 18 – 13 March 2013: 40 (forty) government officials were trained in Project Management.
Sponsor: State Institute for Urban Development, Government of Karnataka, India
Budget: 1,186,208.50 Baht
4. Disaster Management from 26 November – 14 December 2012: DPMM conducted a special training for 5 (five) officials from Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
Sponsor: ECRRP PCMU, Planning Commission, World Bank Project Aid
Budget: 571,942.31 Baht
5. Capacity Building of four Faculty members of Military College of Engineering (MCE) Risalpur - a constituent college of National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST): NUST’s MS Programs in Disaster Management sent four of its faculty members to join DPMM for the Certificate program (two in August 2012 semester and two August 2013 semester).
6. Geospatial Technology and Flood Mitigation from 23 – 27 May 2011: DPMM organized training for eleven senior officers from Indian Administrative Service (IAS). The objective of the training was capacity building of senior IAS officers in Disaster Management. Mr. K S Prabhakar, Relief Commissioner, Government of Karnataka expressed his interest for a MoA where three to four batches of participants can be sent in an annual basis.
Sponsor: Administrative Training Institute (ATI), Mysore, Government of Karnataka, India
7. Public Health and Disaster Management from 6 – 18 December 2010: DPMM conducted training for the thirty-one government officials and medical doctors from Public Health Institute, Ministry of Health, Sudan. The objective of this training program was to focus on necessary knowledge and skills for better understanding of managing disasters and emergency situations as well as discuss on number of interrelated topics to expose and build capacity of the practicing professionals from Sudan.
A field study visit in Thailand widened the understanding about Public Health and Disaster Management with practical situations at the local level. Finally, the participants are expected to apply lessons learned in their own country for strengthening Emergency Management in their disaster planning process.
Sponsor: Public Health Institute, National Ministry of Health, Sudan
Budget: 2419691.09 Baht